Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Editing Problems

I’ve been having small problems with editing my movies, in fact I’ve been having small problems ever since last year when: iMovie ‘08 came out. I hate to complain but, it’s just awful, I was watching a video of Steve Jobs (Founder of Apple Computers) presenting iMovie ‘08 and he said that people want to make movies quickly in like 5 to 10 minutes, so he cut out most of the transitions and scrapped all the effects, apparently he thinks that iMovie is for people who want to make holiday movies and such and it is but I think he forgot to think about the people like me, the people who use iMovie to make fiction movies, for people who act in the movies, then edit and crop, and split and who don’t film everything in the correct order and so can’t just use some movie wizard to put their movies together. Thankfully I was able to find iMovie 6 HD in my applications folder and use that, but I was so looking forward to a proper update and what did I get? Nothing. And by the way, I do also use Final Cut Express, but only when I have to use an advanced effect like split screens or something.